- Donation Quilt-Mary reported that Gavers has only ___ quilts remaining to distribute to patient clients. Please consider making and donating a quilt soon. Quilts should be minimum 50" x 60". Mary has CLMQG labels and tax donation letters for all who donate a quilt.
- Retreat/shop hops-Vikki asked how many members would be interested in participating in a 2 day/1 night charted bus shop hop through Wisconsin. Proposed time frame is May/June 2018. More details will be available soon.
4. Upcoming Meetings:
- October 15th, 11:00am-4:00pm - Machine quilting feathers workshop
- November 12th, 1:00-4:00pm - Bring your favorite quilting gadget/tool to present & scissor sharpening
- Saturday November 18th 9:00am-4:00pm - Sew-in (rescheduled June meeting)
- December 3rd 11:30am-3:00pm - Holiday party-Evite coming October 1st
5. Other Business
- Countryside Quilt Show Sept 16th & 17th: Check in 9/11-14. Ask for Marcie
- Workshop Questionnaire distributed and collected.
- Book club - If you are currently reading one of our member-provided titles, please be sure to finish reading it and provide three new fat quarters for the next reader at the following CLMQG meeting. If you are unable to attend a meeting to pass the book to the next reader, please arrange for a friend to bring it on your behalf or contact the next reader directly to arrange a date/time/place to pass it on.
- Hurricane Harvey Relief-pillowcases from kits being sent by Ann and Jalana to Houston. Jalana will collect newly made pillowcases at the October 15 meeting and personally deliver them to Houston for distribution later in October. Please consider making and donating a pillowcase; Jalana hopes to receive one from each member.
6. Instagram challenge - September challenge topic is Applique. See this post for all the information.
7. Show & Tell
8. Secret Pal gifts distributed
10. Holiday Workshop - Shelley gave a demo on making boxy zipper pouches, and Lorrie gave a demo on sewing your own holiday house ornament.