1. Committee Updates:
- Bees: The bee went on a shop hop in Wisconsin.
- Donation Quilts: Please remember to attach a CLMQG label to your donation quilt before you give it to Mary. She has the labels and the “in kind” donation forms for tax purposes. Quilts for Gavers should be a lap-quilt size, minimum of 50 X 60”.
- September 10: 12 – 4 pm: Holiday Workshop and Sew-in
- October 15: 11 am – 4 pm: Machine Quilting Feathers Workshop and Sew-in
- November 12: 1 – 4 pm: Favorite gadget/tool and scissor sharpening
- Saturday, November 18: 9 am – 4 pm: Sew-in (rescheduled June meeting)
- December 3: Holiday Party: details to come; this will most likely be off-site
3. Other Business:
- Countryside Quilt Show is September 16 – 17. If you have a quilt you want to be in this show, drop off your quilt between September 11 – 14 and ask for Marcie.
4. Instagram Challenge: Instagram Show and Tell with buttons given to all participants who correctly finished the July challenge. The monthly prize was drawn. For the August challenge, members must post three photos in three separate Instagram posts of a zentangle design on fabric. Photos must be posted by September 8. This zentangle does not have to be in a finished project, but it must be brought to the September meeting to qualify for the prize. See this post for all the details.
5. Door prize
6. Show and Tell
7. Secret Pals gifts handed out ~ Secret Pals were reminded to review the rules on the back of the Secret Pal sheet, to keep this fun for everyone who is participating.
9. Zentangle Workshop with Maryanne Olson