THIS POST IS A REVISION OF PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED REQUIREMENTS FOR OUR
AUGUST 2017 INSTAGRAM CHALLENGE.
SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION. THE ORIGINAL POST HAS BEEN REMOVED.
From zentangle.com (a website by the founders of Zentangle):The August Challenge topic is ZENTANGLE on FABRIC
"The Zentangle Method is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns.
Almost anyone can use it to create beautiful images. It increases focus and creativity, provides artistic satisfaction along with an increased sense of personal well being. The Zentangle Method is enjoyed all over this world across a wide range of skills, interests and ages."
- Minimum of three separate Instagram posts (one photo per post).
- Incorporate your original Zentangle doodle (from the workshop or one done at home) into a fabric project
- Using ink on fabric DOES COUNT AS A COMPLETED PROJECT
- You MAY use applique, embroidery, free motion quilting, etc. to take your doodle from paper to fabric if you choose
- You must use your own original Zentangle doodle
- Fabric with your doodle does not need to be part of a finished project
- Deadline: Post photos of your inspiration/materials, project progress, and completed fabric doodle by Friday, September 8.
- Bring your finished project to the Sunday, September 10 CLMQG meeting.
- You may start posting photos now.
Each August Challenge post must include the following elements in the photo caption:
- At least two other relevant hashtags (no spaces and no special characters are allowed within the body of Instagram hashtags)
- Google "youtube zentangle tutorial" for a selection of several videos you can watch for additional help or inspiration
- Our local libraries have quite a few books on Zentangle doodling in their collections
- Remember to add relevant info to your photo captions. The more information you can provide, the more interested people will be in your photos!
- Be extra mindful when typing your hashtags and "@crystallakemqg". If these are not correctly typed your photo(s) will not qualify for challenge prizes.
- Use a space before and after each @ or # string. Don't put spaces within the @ or # string of characters.
- You must be present at time of drawings to win prizes.
- If you complete the month's challenge requirements but are unable to attend the meeting, you will still receive your qualification button for that month but will not be entered in the monthly prize drawing.
How will you know if your photos qualify for the challenge?
- Thumbs Up emoji comment from CLMQG tells you photo meets requirements.
- Gold Star emoji comment from CLMQG means you have qualified that month with 3 correct photos
*** View all slides from the August 13, 2017 meeting Powerpoint presentation here.
*** Read our original post about this challenge for the complete set of rules and more details about this year-long challenge.