Read on for all the details!
CLMQG BOOK CLUB RULES
- Any CLMQG member can sign up to read a book - you do not have to offer a book to participate.
- Sign up for a book you are interested in reading (max 10 people on list).
- Post a photo to Instagram (#clmqgbookclub @crystallakemqg) when the book comes to you. You’ve got until the next meeting – approximately 30 days - to read it.
- Keep the 3 FQs included with the book when you receive it.
- After reading, provide 3 new, quilt shop quality FQs to include for the next reader - fabrics that remind you of the story, setting, or characters – they don’t have to be a literal representation of the story.
- Post a photo of the book and FQs before passing it on to the next reader at the next CLMQG meeting. If you cannot attend PLEASE find a friend to bring it on your behalf - others are waiting in line to read it!
- At the end of the reader list, the book comes back to the owner with 3 new FQs from the last reader.
- No one is policing this – please stick to the rules and hold up your end of the bargain. If you cannot read the book within 30 days when it comes to you, please be honest and pass it to the next reader.
- While a book is in your care, please treat it with the same respect you would if it were your own book :)
- Choose a book you have read and enjoyed. Choose 3 quilt shop quality FQs that remind you of the story (the setting, characters, time period, storyline, etc) to include with the book.
- Don’t choose a book that you will be upset about if it is lost/stolen/damaged. Life happens – water splashes, wine and coffee spill, pages get dog-eared :)
- Put your name and email address in the front cover.
- Tape in a paper explaining the rules (available at CLMQG meetings and listed below).
- Post a photo of the book and FQs to Instagram telling members you are offering the book to readers. Ask them to comment if they wish to be added to the reader list. Start the list and cap it at 10 readers. Or present it at a CLMQG monthly meeting.
- Tape the reader list into the back cover including email addresses.
- Keep a copy of the reader list.
- If there are 10 people on the reader list, you should expect to receive the book back in approximately one year.
- There may or may not be a full reader list when you start the book. More people will probably sign up when they hear others talking about the book and see the fun FQs in photos.
- You are not required to offer a book in order to request another book.
- This is all completely voluntary. Please adhere to the honor system when a book is in your care.
There are currently two books in circulation, and both have sign-up spots available. You can sign up to read either (or both) at our May 21 meeting :)
** This book club format is based on the Instagram #quiltersbookpassport book club. Thanks Monica @buttoncounter for the inspiration!!