- Bees: The bee did not officially meet this month, although they went to International Quilt Festival on Thursday.
- Snacks: Darlene has sign-ups to bring snacks to the May and June meetings.
- Donation Quilts: Mary brought seven quilts to Gavers this month. If you do not like a block that you made for an Instagram challenge, you can give it to Mary and she will assemble these blocks into a quilt for Gavers. Please remember to attach a CLMQG label to your donation quilt before you give it to Mary. She has the labels and the “in kind” donation forms for tax purposes. Quilts for Gavers should be a lap-quilt size, minimum of 50 X 60”.
- Retreat: Vikki will be sending out an email to the members who are going to the retreat with an agenda. Check-in is at 1:00 Thursday.
2. Upcoming Meetings:
- May 21: 10:30 am – 4 pm: Barn Quilt Workshop: Kit fee of $40, you must sign up through the Evite that was recently sent; Board elections
- 10:30 – 11:15: Regular meeting
- 11:15 – noon: Social/Lunch
- Noon – 4: Workshop
- June 11: 1 – 4 pm: Zentangle workshop with Maryanne Olsen
- July 9: 11 am – 4 pm: Summer Social
3. Other Business:
- Thank you to those who filled out the 2017 Survey.
- CLMQG Book Club: New this month. Members can offer a book and three fat quarters related to the story for other members to read and pass with three new FQs. Any member can sign up to read an offered book. You'll have one month to read the book then pass it and the three new FQs to the next member on the list at the following CLMQG meeting. If you have read a book but will not be at the next meeting, please find a friend to bring the book and FQs so the next person on the list can read it. You are also encouraged to post a photo of the book and your fabric choices on Instagram with the hashtag #CLMQGbookclub before passing it on. Shelley offered two books this month. A blog post about this new program will be published here soon.
4. Instagram Challenge: Instagram Show and Tell with buttons given to all participants who correctly finished the March challenge. The monthly prize was drawn. For the April challenge, members must post three photos in three separate Instagram posts of a project they have repurposed. Photos must be posted by May 19. This completed project must be brought to the May meeting to qualify for the prize. See this post for all the details.
5. Door prize
6. Show and Tell
7. Secret Pals gifts handed out
9. Suzy Quilts Trunk Show