- The April Challenge topic is Repurposing!
- Minimum of three separate Instagram posts (one photo per post).
- Use Fabric AND at least one other material that is not textile related (such as wood, metal, glass, leather, ceramic) to create an entirely new object with a completely different purpose than the components.
- Deadline: Post photos of your inspiration/materials, project progress, and finished project by Friday, May 19.
- Bring your finished project to the Sunday, May 21 CLMQG meeting.
- You may start posting photos now.
Each April challenge post must include the following elements in the photo caption:
- At least two other relevant hashtags (no spaces and no special characters are allowed within the body of IG hashtags)
- The slides presented at the April 9 meeting contain examples of projects that qualify, and you can view those slides here.
- CLMQG also has a new Pinterest account with a board titled "CLMQG Repurpose Ideas" where you can find additional inspiration. (You do not need a Pinterest account to view this idea board.)
- Remember to add relevant info to your photo captions. The more information you can provide, the more interested people will be in your photos!
- Be extra mindful when typing your hashtags and "@crystallakemqg". If these are not correctly typed your photo(s) will not qualify for challenge prizes.
- Use a space before and after each @ or # string. Don't put spaces within the @ or # string of characters.
- You must be present at time of drawings to win prizes.
- If you complete the month's challenge requirements but are unable to attend the meeting, you will still receive your qualification button for that month but will not be entered in the monthly prize drawing.
How will you know if your photos qualify for the challenge?
- Thumbs Up emoji comment from CLMQG tells you photo meets requirements.
- Gold Star emoji comment from CLMQG means you have qualified that month with 3 correct photos