2. Committee Updates:
- Bees – Terry is the new chair. Please let her know if you are in a bee, so she can keep a record of the bees.
- Retreat – 14 members have signed up. Vikki is working on food for the retreat.
- Charity – Our goal is to have 30 quilts to donate to Gavers in October. Please bring your donation quilt to our next meeting if at all possible. A few members are working on a quilt for Gavers to auction off at their luncheon in October. Kelly is coordinating some press to talk about who we are donating the quilts to.
- Social Media
- Let Shelley know if you would like to be profiled on our guild blog.
- We have about 19 members who are on Instagram. If you post a guild-related picture on Instagram, please tag @crystallakemqg or use the hashtag #crystallakemqg.
- Social/Treats – We need two more people to sign up to bring treats in November. If you sign up for treats and then cannot make it, please find someone to take your place. Let Darlene if you are truly in a bind.
3. Upcoming Meetings:
- October 8: 6 pm – midnight; Sew Generously Sew In. All members should have received an Evite to this event. You must RSVP through the Evite if you want to attend.
- October 23: 1 – 4: guest speaker Laura Wasilowski from artfabrik.com will be doing her “StitcherTunities” lecture
- Saturday, November 5: 9-5; Bonus Workshop: Sew Together Bag with Shelley. You must purchase the pattern. You can either get it from Lorrie for $7.70 or from Craftsy for $12. Let Lorrie know if you want to get the pattern from her. There is quite a bit of preparation you will need to do for this workshop. All members should have received an Evite to this event. You must RSVP through the Evite if you want to attend. Supply List and prep-work instructions will be emailed to those who RSVP via Evite.
- November 13 – Member Trunk Show & vending with Sharon Turskey; Smart-Phoneography & Instagram workshop
- December 4 Holiday Party – We will be accepting RSVP/$$ in October
4. Other Business:
- 2016 Guild Survey highlights:
- 92% are interested in learning techniques and skill building. This is being incorporated into 2017’s challenge using Instagram.
- 62% want new speakers/workshops. We are budgeting to expand outside our reach over the next 2 years.
- Prairie Star Quilt Show October 14 – 15 at the DuPage Co. Fairgrounds
- Member feature on the blog: Julie Warren
- Shelley and Kathy had quilts in the Madison Quilt Expo
5. House Block Lottery: Due in October; keep your block “daytime” with a low volume background. There are no size restrictions. See this post for more information.
6. Medallion Show and Tell: We had 14 members who completed their Mystery Medallion quilts. A Random Generator was used to choose the winner of a Brother sewing machine: Darlene. A huge thank you to Necchi New Home Sewing Center in Rockford for donating this machine! All Medallion quilts were shown in the Countryside Quilt Show on September 17 – 18.
7. Show and Tell
8. Secret Pal gifts were handed out
9. Lunch Break
10. Quick Curve Ruler workshop with Lesley