Darlene hopes to collect a minimum of 30 blocks for the quilt from our guild. If you'd like to participate and make one or more blocks, please follow these guidelines:
- use the pattern for the 10" finished heart block found here (this block is in the top right corner of the image above)
- block background fabric should be Kona Snow
- hearts should be in your choice of rainbow colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple) or rainbow colored fabric
- use small prints or solid fabrics for single color hearts
- use only quilt shop quality fabrics
- complete your blocks before August 14
- bring your completed blocks to Material Girl as soon as you complete them or to the August 14 CLMQG meeting
We hope to donate at least one quilt, but we will make as many as we can with the blocks received! Quilt tops will be assembled at the August 14 sew-in; the deadline for finished quilts to be received in Orlando is September 15. Please contact Darlene at darmac50 (at) gmail (dot) com with questions or if you can help in any of the following ways:
- sewing blocks (please indicate how many you will make)
- assembling quilt top(s)
- donating backing fabric (3.5 yards per quilt), binding fabric, or batting
- making binding
- quilting or binding the quilts
Please use the hashtag #quiltsforpulse when posting photos of your blocks to social media.
Thank you in advance for your help with this project!