2. Upcoming Meetings:
- July 10 – SummerFest Sewcial Noon – 4:00 pm
- We need volunteers for set up and clean up.
- The guild is providing meats & buns. Sign-ups were placed out for the rest of the food.
- There will be games and other fun events. We will also have Raffle baskets, with all proceeds going towards the general fund for speakers and other activities. Lorrie can accept donations for the raffle baskets until Thursday, June 16th. The ‘show & tell’ theme for this meeting is floral quilts.
- We will have another block lottery. The block is a paper-pieced envelope. Email us at crystallakemqg (at) gmail (dot) com if you would like to get the pattern. Remember to add a 1/4" seam allowance to all sides of the pattern before trimming so that you end up with a 7" unfinished block!
- August 14 – Summer Sew-In, no meeting, 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
- September 11
- Quick Curve Ruler demo with Lesley. Lorrie can order the mini Quick Curve Ruler for $11 (regularly $15). Let her know if you’d like one.
- Mystery Medallion quilts due (must be quilted and bound); random drawing for the Grand Prize
- October 23 – guest speaker Laura Wasilowski from artfabrik.com
3. Committee Updates:
- Committee descriptions were passed out and will be posted to the blog.
- Bees – Anuschka is moving, so let us know if you would like to be in charge of our bees.
- Social Media – Shelley is our new Social Media Chair. She has created a guild InstaGram account @crystallakemqg. You can also use the tag # crystallakemqg when you post guild-related photos on InstaGram.
- Charity – Kelly has tax-deductible forms and guild labels to sew on the back of your donation quilts. Kelly also brought about 30 bundles of fabrics which were donated by Chicago MQG member Stephanie, whose InstaGram name is @yespositively. If you took a bundle, please bring back your completed charity quilt by the October meeting. Our goal is to present Gavers with 30 quilts for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- Social –Biaggi’s has been reserved for our Holiday party in December.
- Swaps/Lotteries/Challenges – Cari will be in charge of these for 2017.
4. Other Business:
- 2016 Guild Survey was passed out for members to fill in.
- Paige is curious if there is an interest in a machine quilting feathers workshop. Many members replied that they are interested in this.
- Reminder for everyone to make sure they are bringing no more than 10 flower head pins to workshops/sew-ins and that their area is cleaned up before leaving.
- Members have expressed a desire to get together outside guild. We’re releasing a member email and city residence distribution list to the members. Please let us know if you do not wish to be on that list.
- Northern Illinois Shop Hop: June – August. Info on their website.
- Row By Row Experience: June 21 – September 6 in participating shops around the country and in Canada. See their website for more information.
- Quilt Expo, Madison, WI: September 8 – 10
5. Mystery Medallion Show and Tell and judging for final border. A drawing was held for all participants who were at the meeting today. The prize was a package of batting. Reminder: to remain eligible for the prize, you must have your quilt completed (quilted and bound) by our September 11 meeting.
6. Show and Tell
7. Secret Pal gifts were handed out; door prize drawing
8. Cheryl Sleboda gave an interesting lecture: Working Weekly, Staying Inspired