Monday, May 2, 2016

Member Feature - Kathy Pizarro



Tell us a little about yourself.
My husband, Victor, and I have been married for 18 years.  We live in Sun City Huntley with our cat Abby.  I was born and raised in Illinois.  We have no children, but my husband has two, and we have four grandsons.

How long have you been quilting, and how did you learn?

I took a beginning quilting class at Quilt In Joy (taught by Nona Piorkowski) in Huntley in 2010.

What are your most and least favorite parts of quilting?
I love fabric and color selection the most.  I do enjoy cutting and piecing.  The finishing is my least favorite part - thus many UFOs!

What/who inspires you most in quilting?
The abundant stash I have accumulated.  I love most all of it and want to make things with all of it!

What quilt/s are you working on now?
The largest project is a paper piecing BOM - Enchanting Stars by Jacqueline deJonge.

What is on your quilting "bucket list"?
Go to Paducah and QuiltCon.

Where do you sew? How often/how long each week?
My husband and I share a small room that works as a sewing room/storage room for many hobbies.  I work full time but try to sew five days a week for short periods.

Do you tend to follow patterns or make your own designs?
I generally follow patterns, however I do enjoy challenge projects which allow me to do some basic designing.

What is one (or more) quilt technique you'd like to learn or are afraid of trying?
Making an art or landscape quilt.

What kind of sewing machine do you use?
Janome 8900.

How many quilts do you think you've made?  How many UFOs do you have?
Around 16 quilts completely done.
UFOs - too many to count.

Other hobbies (crafty or otherwise)?
Counted cross stitch, golf, bowling, reading.

Tell us three things about yourself that other CLMQG members probably don't know.

  • I am the oldest of three children (one sister and one brother).
  • I work for International Paper in Des Plaines as an operations coordinator.
  • My favorite food is pizza.

What is your "motto" or favorite "life quote"?
"Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it." Charles Swindoll

If you could choose a superpower, what would it be?
Jeannie from "I Dream of Jeannie".  Wouldn't it be great to make wishes come true?!

No comments:

Post a Comment