- 11:00am monthly CLMQG meeting
- Noon - 4:00pm Convergence Quilt demo and Open Sew-In ($5 guest fee applies for sew-in)
May Monthly Meeting Highlights:
- Nominations and Election for 2016-17 Executive Board positions
- Vote to choose Holiday Party Venue (email with options coming soon!)
- Mystery Medallion Challenge - April border judging and final May border requirements revealed
- July Block Lottery details available
- Show and Tell
- Convergence Quilt demo by Judy O
- Open Sew-In (guest fee $5)
What you need to bring:
- Mystery Medallion Challenge - Quilt top with April (fourth) border completed and sewn. If you are unable to attend the meeting email a photo of your medallion with April borders completed by Saturday, May 14 to avoid a penalty and remain eligible. The photo must clearly show your use of sewn scrappy star shapes, green challenge fabric, and orange color requirements. *** If you were assigned a penalty element in April you must ALSO include that in your April border to remain in the challenge.***
- Show and Tell - bring your modern quilted items to share.
- Secret Pal gifts
- Donation Quilts - Bring any newly completed comfort quilts for Gavers Breast Care Center. Please remember to include a CLMQG label on the back of your quilt.
- Member Feature Questionnaire - If you took a questionnaire at the April meeting, please complete and return it to us this month :)
- Sewing supplies and project for the sew-in. Remember an extra long extension cord/power bar for your sewing machine. Irons, ironing mats, and cutting mats to share are appreciated.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverage to keep you going during the sew-in.
If you plan to work on a Convergence Quilt at the sew-in, you'll need these supplies:
- 4 coordinating or contrasting fat quarters well pressed with starch
- sheet of 1/4" foam core board approximately 24" x 36" (available at Dollar Tree, Michaels, Hobby Lobby)
- straight pins
We hope to see YOU on Sunday!
Don't forget to wear your nametag :)