- May 15 *Please note this is the 3rd Sunday of May, due to Mother’s Day* – Convergence Quilt Demo (using a Ricky Tims pattern) and open Sew-In, Board Elections, next block lottery rules announced, 11 am – 4 pm
- If you are interested in making a Convergence quilt during the sew-in, bring 4 coordinating fat quarters that you have spray-starched ahead of time; you may also want to bring a piece of foam board to keep the pieces in order.
- June 12 – Speaker Cheryl Sleboda, 1 pm – 4 pm (There will be a guest fee for this meeting)
2. Committee Updates:
- Bees – Talk to Anuschka if you would like to join or start a bee.
- Charity – Kelly has tax-deductible forms and guild labels to sew on the back of your donation quilt.
- Hand sewing group meet-ups – Kara announced that the hand sewing group is being put on hold for now, due to low attendance numbers.
- Social – Kara announced that her committee is looking into some type of fundraiser instead of a picnic for the July meeting. Also, she will announce 3 possible Holiday Party venues next month, and members will be given the opportunity to vote for where they would like the party to be held.
3. Other Business:
- Board Nominations were open today. Shelley nominated Lorrie G.as President, Paige M. as Vice President, Judy O. as treasurer, and Jill S. as secretary. If you would like to nominate someone else for one of these positions, you can email their name to the guild or nominate them at next month’s meeting. You must have the person’s agreement before nominating someone.
- Next block lottery will be in July; rules and samples to be announced at the May meeting.
4. Mystery Medallion Show and Tell and judging;
- April border elements were drawn and announced: technique is scrappy star and color is orange. A special challenge fabric was handed out to all participants who were at the meeting. If you are participating in the challenge and were not at the meeting, email the guild to get a piece of the challenge fabric. See this blog post for all the details.
- There was a random prize drawing for all participants who were at the meeting and who followed all the rules for the March border.
5. Show and Tell
6. Block Lottery winner was drawn
7. Secret Pal gifts were handed out
8. Accuquilt Demo/Presentation by Isis
9. Break for workshop set up and A Touch Of Amish vending
10. Accuquilt workshop