At our monthly meeting March 13 the quilting task and color requirement for the third border were randomly drawn and announced.
The quilting task drawn for March was DRESDEN. There are many interpretations of this shape, so let your imagination run wild!
The crayon drawn for March was RED. Check out the official Crayola website page for that color.
- Your March border must be on all four sides of your quilt top, but all four sides are not required to be the same width.
- There are no restrictions or limitations regarding the width of your March border.
- Your March border must include sewn dresden shapes (dresden shapes printed on your fabric DO NOT qualify) and the color red. You may include as many or as few dresden shapes as you like, and you may use as much or as little of the color red as you like.
- To remain eligible for the grand prize you must bring your in-progress quilt with March borders sewn to the quilt top to our April 10, 2016 meeting. If you are unable to attend that meeting, you must send a photo of your in-progress quilt with completed March borders sewn to the quilt top to crystallakemqg (at) gmail (dot) com by Saturday, April 9.
- If your March borders are not completed on time or if they do not follow the rules of the challenge you will be assigned a penalty element that must be included in your April borders in order to remain eligible for prizes.
- You may not reconstruct or alter the layout of your medallion, January, or February borders except to add embellishment such as embroidery, applique, trims, buttons, etc.
- The grand prize will be awarded via a random drawing at the September 2016 meeting.
- The complete set of challenge rules can be found here.
Feel free to post photos of your progress to our Facebook page and on Instagram using the hashtag #crystallakemqg :)