Mystery Medallion Challenge participants' progress
March Show and Tell
Crimson Tate presentation and workshop
1. Upcoming Meetings:
- April 10 – Drunkards Path Demo and Workshop, 11 am – 4 pm (pre-registration required and special event fee for members and guests to offset equipment costs)
- May 15 – Convergence Quilt Workshop (using a Ricky Tims pattern) and Sew-In, Board Elections, 11 am – 4 pm *Please note this is the 3rd Sunday of May, due to Mother’s Day
- June 12 – Speaker Cheryl Sleboda, 1 pm – 4 pm (There will be a guest fee for this meeting)
2. Committee Updates:
- Bees –Some of the bees have changed location; talk to Anuschka if you would like to join or start a bee
- Charity –We have donated 52 quilts to Centegra! Kelly is working with Centegra to get a letter for tax purposes. All guild members should have received an email regarding a form you need to fill out if you would like the donation letter. If you did not receive this email, please let us know.
- Hand sewing group meet-ups –We are changing the Thursday meetup for hand sewing to 11:00 am at Conscious Cup (still on the first Thursday of the month). The third Tuesday of each month we will continue to meet at Starbucks at 6:30 pm.
- Social – Darlene has a sign-up sheet for treats for our monthly meetings. We also have some people who are going to coordinate sending cards to members for illness, sympathy, etc.
3. Organizational Changes and appeal for volunteers ~ update from last month
- Photography positions have been filled
- Kara and Jalana are working on the Holiday Party and would like more volunteers to help soon
- Cari is coordinating Swaps/Challenges/Lotteries for 2017, although she would love to have a helper
- No one has volunteered for Programming
4. Other Business:
- Reminder: April block lottery is selvage spools - details here
- Isis discussed our April meeting. After taking a count of who is interested, it was decided that she will do a workshop with the Accuquilt cutters. Accuquilt has agreed to send several machines for people to use. There will be an additional fee of $10 ($15 guests) for equipment return shipping costs. More information will be coming soon.
- Member Feature – questionnaire will be handed out at meetings this year.
- Board Nominations open today. Must have the person’s agreement before nominating someone.
5. Mystery Medallion Show and Tell and judging; March border elements were drawn and announced: technique is Dresden and color is red. See this blog post for all the details.
6. Show and Tell
7. Door Prize Drawing & Secret Pal gifts were handed out
8. Heather Givans of Crimson Tate gave a very entertaining lecture and trunk show
9. Break for shopping, lunch, and workshop set up
10. Crimson Tate workshop