1. Upcoming Meetings:
- March 13 – Crimson Tate Lecture, Workshop and Vending, 10am-5pm; For more information, see this post
- April 10 – Accuquilt Drunkards Path Demo and Workshop, 11am-4pm
- May 15 – Convergence Quilt Workshop and Sew-In, Board Elections, 11am-4pm
- June 12 – Speaker Cheryl Sloboda, 1pm-4pm (There will be a guest fee for this meeting)
2. Committee Updates:
- Charity – Shelley read some thank you notes from quilt recipients
- Hand sewing group meet-ups –it was discussed if we should change the time or venue for our hand-sewing group. The following changes have been decided upon:
- Hand sewers will still continue to meet on the third Tuesday evening of each month at 6:30pm at Starbucks, 6000 Northwest Highway, Crystal Lake, IL. The next evening meeting date is March 15th!
- Starting April 3rd and on the first Thursday of each month going forward, hand sewers will meet at 11:00am at Conscious Cup Roasters, 5005 Northwest Highway, Crystal Lake, IL.
3. Organizational Changes were discussed
- Guild programming has greatly expanded in our three years.
- While the guild has grown, the board has assumed responsibility for what should be 3-4 committees while performing all board tasks, which has led to board members feeling overwhelmed.
- Currently the board is defining and documenting roles and responsibilities of additional committees and calling on members to fulfill these roles.
- Here is where we need help now: Programming (2017 Speakers, Workshops, Vendors), Table Sale/Auction, Holiday Party, Photographers
- Additional help will be needed mid-2016: Swaps/Challenges/Lotteries, Retreat Committee, Book/Magazine/Tool reviewers
4. Other Business:
- April block lottery – selvage spools examples were shown and requirements given. See this post for more details.
- If you are not registered to receive email updates about new blog posts, go to the blog and sign up on the right sidebar
- Member Feature – questionnaire will be handed out at meetings this year.
5. Mystery Medallion: Show and Tell/Judging and February border elements were drawn and announced: technique is curves and the color is carnation pink. See this post for more details and challenge rules.
6. Show and Tell
7. Secret Pal gifts were passed out by Cindy
8. Featherweight Lecture and Workshop