At our monthly meeting yesterday the quilting task and color requirement for the second border were randomly drawn and announced.
The quilting task drawn for February was CURVES. There are many interpretations of this task, so let your imagination run wild!
The crayon drawn for February was CARNATION PINK. Check out the official Crayola website page for that color.
- Your February border must be on all four sides of your quilt top, but all four sides are not required to be the same width.
- There are no restrictions or limitations regarding the width of your February border.
- Your February border must include sewn curves (curves in your fabric design DO NOT qualify) and the color Carnation Pink. You may include as many or as few curves as you like, and you may use as much or as little of the color Carnation Pink as you like.
- To remain eligible for the grand prize you must bring your in-progress quilt with February borders sewn to the quilt top to our March 13, 2016 meeting. If you are unable to attend that meeting, you must send a photo of your in-progress quilt with February borders sewn to the quilt top to crystallakemqg (at) gmail (dot) com by Saturday, March 12.
- You may not reconstruct or alter the layout of your medallion or January borders except to add embellishment such as embroidery, applique, trims, buttons, etc.
- The grand prize will be awarded via a random drawing at the September 2016 meeting.
- The complete set of challenge rules can be found here.
Feel free to post photos of your progress to our Facebook page and on Instagram using the hashtag #crystallakemqg :)