We're changing the way we communicate important news from our meetings here on the website - moving from actual recorded minutes to a less formal "recap" format and including a few photos.
- Next meeting November 8 from 11am-4pm. Open sew-in with Handmade Holiday Bazaar items for sale.
- December 6 Holiday Party for members at The Village Squire restaurant in Crystal Lake, 12:30pm
- January meeting will be an all day open sew-in, 9am-5pm, location to be announced.
- Meeting plans for all of 2016 are almost finalized and will be published soon!
- There will be a vote at the November 8 meeting to determine if the Holiday Party will feature a plated lunch or an appetizer buffet. Members planning to attend the meeting must RSVP and make payment of $25 (cash or check) on or before November 8.
- We have collected 37 quilts to date for donation to Gavers Breast Care Center. Kelly has photographed all the quilts and will be posting them to an album on Facebook soon.
- The Swap Committee announced a voluntary gift swap to take place at the December 6 Holiday Party. If you 'd like to participate, please bring a gift wrapped handmade or purchased item with an approximate value of $15 and include a "from" card on the inside of the packaging to our Holiday Party.
- The new hand-sewing group will meet the first Thursday and third Tuesday of each month at 6:30pm at the Starbucks on Rt 14 in Crystal Lake (next to Five Guys restaurant). No RSVP required - just drop in when you can. First meeting is Tuesday, October 20. More details available in this post.
- If you have photos from the Countryside Quilt Show please post them to our Facebook page, or email them to the guild at crystallakemqg (at) gmail (dot) com.
- 2016 CLMQG membership forms and dues must be received by January 1, 2016. New forms will be available at the November 8 meeting.
- Additional guild volunteer needs in 2016 include: Retreat Committee, Vendor Administrator, Quilt Show Committee
And now a few photos from the meeting. All of the show and tell photos can be seen here, and the rest of Jeni's trunk show photos can be seen here.
Marge S was the winner of the traditional red and green Christmas lottery blocks, and Shelley N was the door prize winner.
Ann K took home all of the whimsical pink, turquoise, and lime Christmas lottery quilt blocks.
Julie S was one of the big winners in our UFO Challenge Grand Prize Drawing! She took home a half-yard bundle of Gelato Ombre fabrics, a large cone of Aurifil thread, and a large cutting/pressing board from Olfa :)
Congratulations to Julie and Darlene! And thank you to everyone who participated in our first UFO Challenge - there were 133 registered projects and 76 completed!
Some highlights from Jeni's trunk show...
Thanks to everyone who helped at the meeting and behind the scenes to make this a terrific meeting! And a special thanks to Jeni for sharing her quilts and the story of her design and book-writing journey with us!!