Our final block lottery of 2015 will take place at our October 11 meeting,
and the theme is CHRISTMAS!
Here are the rules:
- Blocks must measure 12.5" unfinished
- Block design is your choice, but it must contain at least two fabrics
- You may use paper-piecing (English or foundation), applique, traditional or improvisational piecing techniques in the construction of your block(s)
- Use only quilt shop quality 100% cotton fabrics
- There are two colorway options, and you may submit a maximum of three blocks in each colorway
- You'll receive one chance ticket for each block you submit
- Blocks submitted will separated into groups by colorway, and we will draw at least one winner for each colorway (if you bring a block in the red/green colorway you'll receive a chance ticket for the red/green group)
- Blocks are due at the October 11, 2015 meeting (1:00-4:00pm)
Now let's talk colorways options:
- Traditional Christmas red and green OR
- Whimsy Christmas pink, lime, turquoise, and red
Material Girl in Crystal Lake and Royal Patchwork in Huntley have graciously allowed us to put together some fat quarter bundles of beautiful fabrics to inspire you. Each bundle is available at a special price for CLMQG members presenting their 2015 membership card. In addition, you may purchase an additional coordinating yard of fabric at 15% off the regular retail price to help you finish your lottery blocks! You are not required to use only these fabrics; they were selected to provide inspiration and to show you what fun and modern fabrics our local quilt shops have in stock.
Traditional Red and Green bundle from Material Girl Fabric Shop
Whimsy Pink, Lime, and Red bundle from Material Girl Fabric Shop
Whimsy Lime, Turquoise, and Red bundle from Material Girl Fabric Shop
Traditional Red and Green Bundle from Royal Patchwork
Whimsy Pink, Turquoise, and Lime bundle from Royal Patchwork
We can't wait to see what terrific blocks you all come up with! I've got my colored pencils and graph paper ready to go :)
Email us at crystallakemqg (at) gmail (dot) com with any questions.