1. We had 25 people in attendance at our meeting on Sunday, June 14, 2015. We currently have 40 members.
2. Treasurer’s Report: Bank balance information is provided at each meeting but will no longer be documented here due to the public nature of this website.
3. Upcoming Meetings:
- July 19, 2015 Guest Speaker Kelly Litton. Our originally scheduled workshop leader (Nicole D from Modern Handcraft) has cancelled.
- August 9, 2015 – We discussed if we want to skip this meeting, host an off-site social on a different day of the week, or make it a charity sewing only date. The majority of people want to make this a sewing only day.
- Please see the Meeting Calendar tab at the top of our webpage to view the meeting dates for the remainder of 2015.
4. Committee Update:
- Bees: Email Anuschka if you would like to join the Lake Zurich bee or start a new bee: anuschkamatthews (at) hotmail (dot) com.
- Sewcial Committee:
- Cathy thanked everyone for bringing the food for our picnic. She also thanked her committee for all of their help putting together the picnic.
- We are in need of more people to sign up to bring treats for our monthly meetings in July, August, and September.
- Charity Committee: Kelly received a letter from Gavers thanking us for our donation to the Mad Hatters fundraiser luncheon. To donate quilts to our charity, they should be a minimum of 45” X 60”. Although there are no color parameters, it is preferred NOT to have all-pink quilts. Please use 100% cotton, quilt-shop quality fabric.
5. Upcoming Quilt Shows and Shop Hops:
- June – August: Northern IL Quilt Fest Shop Hop
- June 21 – September 8: Row by Row Experience (there are participating shops in all 50 states plus some in Canada)
- September 10 – 12: Quilt Expo in Madison, WI
- September 25 – 26: Country Quilters of McHenry Show at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church, Crystal Lake, IL
6. New Business:
- UFO Challenge: you can still register for this challenge any month between now and September. You pay $2 for each quilt that you register; all money raised goes to prizes for the challenge.
- We proposed a fabric postcard swap for the swap with the Canberra, Australia MQG, but we are still waiting to hear back from them. More details to come.
- Kara is overseeing a new charity quilt project. She has enough fabric to make 16 – 20 lap quilts. She is looking for volunteers to cut kits, sew tops, donate batting, and quilt these quilts. The quilts will be donated to our guild’s charity, Centegra Gavers Breast Cancer Center.
- We will be having another block lottery at our July 19 meeting. The theme is Halloween, and specific colors must be used in your block. Please see this post for all the details and rules.
7. Several members brought quilts for show and tell. First, members showed UFO Challenge quilts they have finished and then members showed other projects.
8. Swap: Several ladies brought fabric containers to swap today.
9. UFO Quarterly Challenge Prize Drawing
10. Door Prize Drawing
Recorded by Jill Smalley, Secretary