1. We had 25 people in attendance at our meeting on Sunday, May 3, 2015. We currently have 40 members.
2. Treasurer’s Report: Bank balance information is provided at each meeting but will no longer be documented here due to the public nature of this website.
3. Upcoming Meetings:
- June 14, 2015 ~ Noon – 4pm ~ Summer Picnic at Oakwood Hills Park, near the intersection of Oakwood Drive and North Park Drive in Cary (bank room has been reserved as a backup), second quarter UFO Challenge prize drawing ~ you do not need to be present to win
- July 12, 2015, 1:00pm-4:00pm mini quilt tutorial program with Nicole from Modern Handcraft
- The remainder of our 2015 meeting calendar can be viewed here.
4. Committee Update:
- Bees: Email Anuschka if you would like to join the Lake Zurich bee or start a new bee: anuschkamatthews (at) hotmail (dot) com.
- Sewcial Committee:
- Cathy and her committee are planning our summer picnic. The committee has reserved a pavilion at Oakwood Hills Park (near the intersection of 31 and 176) for our picnic on June 14, from noon until 4. Members are being asked to sign up to bring a salad or side dish. Since that date is Flag Day, members are encouraged to bring red, white, and blue quilts to be displayed around the pavilion. Let Cathy know if you would like to help with the planning at cathyr330 (at) comcast (dot) net.
- We are in need of more people to sign up to bring treats for our monthly meetings in July, August, and September.
- Charity Committee: Five quilts were delivered to Centegra last month. The guild will now be providing labels, please sew one on the back of your charity quilt before you bring it as a donation. Quilts should be a minimum of 45” X 60”. Although there are no color parameters, it is preferred NOT to have all-pink quilts. Please use 100% cotton, quilt-shop quality fabric and batting.
- Swap Committee: The swap for the June picnic is fabric containers that are any type, size and style. Your container can be used for storing snacks for a picnic, fabric storage, thread catcher and an unlimited variety of other uses. Please use Quilt Shop quality fabric. You can find many tutorials for making fabric containers if you google it. No signups are needed, just bring your container to the picnic
5. Upcoming Quilt Shows and Shop Hops:
- June – August: Northern IL Quilt Fest Shop Hop
- June 21 – September 8: Row by Row Experience (there are participating shops in all 50 states plus some in Canada)
- September 25 – 26: Country Quilters of McHenry Show at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church, Crystal Lake, IL
6. Executive Board Nominations and Election: No new nominations were made today. Our current board members were re-elected to the same positions which will be effective until May 2016.
7. New Business:
- UFO Challenge: you can still register for this challenge any month between now and September. You pay $2 for each quilt that you register; all money raised goes to prizes for the challenge. The next quarterly prize drawing will be held at the June 14 meeting.
- We proposed a fabric postcard swap for the swap with the Canberra, Australia MQG, but we are waiting to hear back from them. Lorrie showed some samples of fabric post cards. Like all of our swaps, this will be voluntary. Details to come.
8. Several members brought quilts for show and tell. First, members showed UFO Challenge quilts they have finished and then members showed other projects.
9. Door Prize Drawing
10. Pattern Crush was our vendor after the meeting
11. Sew In until 4:00pm
Recorded by Jill Smalley, Secretary