1. We had 33 people in attendance at our meeting on Sunday, April 12, 2015, including one new member. We currently have 40 members.
2. Treasurer’s Report: Bank balance information is provided at each meeting but will no longer be documented here due to the public nature of this website.
3. Upcoming Meetings:
- May 3, 2015 ~ 11am – 4:00pm ~ Executive Board Elections, Open Sew-In, Accu-Quilt Demo, Pattern Crush vending from 11 – 2
- June 14, 2015 ~ 12 – 4 ~ Summer Picnic at alternate location (bank room has been reserved as a backup), second quarter UFO Challenge prize drawing
- July 12, 2015 mini quilt tutorial program with Nicole from Modern Handcraft
- Bees : Email Anuschka if you would like to join the Lake Zurich bee or start a new bee: anuschkamatthews (at) hotmail (dot) com.
- Sewcial Committee:
- Cathy and her committee are planning our summer picnic. The committee has reserved a pavilion at Oakwood Hills Park (near the intersection of 31 and 176) for our picnic on June 14, from noon until 4. Members are being asked to sign up to bring a salad or side dish. Let Cathy know if you would like to help with the planning at cathyr330 (at) comcast (dot) net.
- Trisha is now handling the treat signups for our monthly meetings.
- Charity Committee: Kelly spoke with Lynn, our liaison at Centegra. The quilt that our guild donated as a fundraiser will be auctioned off at the “Mad Hatters Luncheon” on Wednesday, May 5. Lynn has one more quilt to hand out, so please keep making quilts for our charity. The guild will now be providing labels, please sew one on the back of your charity quilt before you bring it as a donation. Quilts should be a minimum of 45” X 60”. Although there are no color parameters, it is preferred NOT to have all-pink quilts. Please use 100% cotton, quilt-shop quality fabric and batting.
- Swap Committee: A new swap was announced for the June picnic. We are going to explore making fabric containers this quarter; they can be any type, size and style. Your container can be used for storing snacks for a picnic, fabric storage, thread catcher and an unlimited variety of other uses. Please use Quilt Shop quality fabric. You can find many tutorials for making fabric containers if you google it. No signups are needed, just bring your container to the picnic. Also, we are still planning a swap with the Canberra, Australia MQG between August and October. Look for details soon.
- May 2 – 3: Sinnissippi Quilters Art of Collaboration Quilt Show, Loves Park, IL
- June – August: Northern IL Quilt Fest Shop Hop
- September 25 – 26: Country Quilters of McHenry Show at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church, Crystal Lake, IL
6. Executive Board Nominations: No new nominations were made today. It is not too late to nominate a member; send an email to crystallakemqg (at) gmail (dot) com
7. New Business:
- UFO Challenge: you can still register for this challenge any month between now and September. You pay $2 for each quilt that you register; all money raised goes to prizes for the challenge.
- CLMQG Shop Hop – We will be hosting a shop hop during the week of May 11. We are focusing on quilt shops in the Madison area and southern WI. You will need to present your CLMQG membership card in order to get special discounts. More information will be coming soon! We put out a sign-up sheet for people to carpool on different days. We will have the sign-up sheet at our May meeting as well.
- May 16-17 Spring Fiber Fling – Booth has been rented. 10 members have volunteered to staff the booth. We still need people to sew and donate small item(s) for sale in the booth and we need quilts for display.
- Cari showed a quilt that the Country Quilters of McHenry will be raffling at their quilt show in September. Cari is selling tickets for this.
8. Several members brought quilts for show and tell. First members showed UFO Challenge quilts they have finished, then members showed other projects.
9. Block Lottery Drawing: 47 blocks were made for this lottery, so 4 winners were chosen: Isis, Terri, Cari, and Lorrie. A new block lottery will be announced in June with the blocks due in July.
10. Door Prize Drawing
11. HST Paper Demonstration: Lorrie gave a demonstration on using a new half square triangle paper which makes 8 HSTs at a time. A packet of these HST papers was given as a door prize.
12. Sew In
Recorded by Jill Smalley, Secretary