Most of us have at least a few (and some of us have waayyyy more than a few) unfinished sewing projects languishing in our closets. Well now is the time to dig them out, dust them off, and get ready to check them off your to-do lists!
Here are the details:
- Beginning January 10 you may register as many UFO projects as you like at each monthly CLMQG meeting through September.
- There is a cost of $2 per UFO registered. All registration fees will be used to fund prizes for the program.
- To register your UFO stop at the UFO Challenge desk, complete a project card, and pay $2.
- The UFO Challenge coordinator will log your project on the master list and keep your project card on file.
- When you finish (and finish means every last stitch is in place - the project is quilted and binding is complete) bring your project to the next monthly meeting, visit the UFO Challenge desk and inform the UFO Challenge coordinator of your finish so your project can be logged as "complete" on the master list. You must show the project to the group at the meeting Show and Tell.
- Your project card will also be stamped with a completion date and then entered into the next quarterly prize drawing.
- There are no minimum project sizes for this challenge, but please limit registrations to quilted projects - bags, totes, pillows, placemats, and quilts of all sizes are all acceptable projects. Please use your best judgement when registering projects - a set of four unfinished placemats would be considered one UFO, not four.
- Prize drawings will occur in March, June, and September with the final Grand Prize Drawing scheduled for October. You do not need to be present at the drawing to win.
- The Executive Board is busy searching far and wide for prizes. Stay tuned for more details!
- If you win a prize at one of the quarterly drawings, your project will be entered into the October Grand Prize drawing, but it will be ineligible to win any further quarterly prizes.
- We're planning for a FUN DAY on January 10 and at every meeting in 2015, and we hope that you'll join us!
Now dig through those closets and project bins and find some UFOs to register! You could win some fun prizes! Questions? Email us at crystallakemqg (at) gmail (dot) com, or ask us at the January 10 meeting.