** Please RSVP via email at crystallakemqg (at) gmail (dot) com if you'd like to attend this demo. Ann needs to have a count of participants so she can adequately prepare her materials. Thanks!!
Quilted journal cover Project
Presenter: Ann K
Description: learn the perfect formula on how to make a quilted journal cover fit any size journal, using your stash
- Journal of your choice. (Note: places like TJMaxx can be a good place to find a variety of journals)
- 12 to 15 strips of fabric (1" to 3" wide) and at least 2" inches larger than the height of your journal
- Batting (a piece that will wrap around your journal with at least 3" excess across the top and side)
- Lining fabric (this fabric does not show, so you can use muslin, or any scrap fabric, about an 1" smaller than your batting)
- Pockets ( 2 pieces that are at least the width of your journal AND at least 2" larger than the height of the journal
- Piece of coordinating ribbon approximately 4" longer than the height of your journal
- Sewing machine
- Rotary cutter
- Coordinating thread
It looks like we'll have two more demos taking place at the October meeting. Check back here for details and supply lists for the remaining two projects. And don't forget to RSVP via email if you'd like to participate in this demo and/or the clutch purse demo. The deadline for ordering a handle set ($5) for the clutch project is Wednesday, October 1. For more details on the clutch project read this post.