Microwave Soup Bowl Holder presented by Tricia B
"Rolled" Christmas Stocking by Marge S
Thank you so much to all of our volunteers! Below you will find a photo and supply list for each of these two projects. Please email us at crystallakemqg (at) gmail (dot) com to reserve a spot for either of these projects.
We are still working out the details of presenting all of these workshops during the meeting. At this point we're not sure if there will be a set time for each one to begin or if more than one workshop may occur at the same time as another. We will not have the same set up as the demos last month though - each Holiday Gift workshop will not be presented four times to rotating groups. Please check back here for more details. The board is meeting this week to get it all figured out :)
** Wednesday, October 1 is the final date to let us know you would like to reserve a handle set for the clutch purse workshop. Please read this post for details on the project and instructions for ordering handle sets for $5 each (payable at the October 12 meeting).
"Rolled" Christmas Stocking with french seams
- 24"X45" fabric for base of stocking
- 6"x18" contrasting fabric for cuff
- 2"X18" for trim
Microwave Bowl Holder
- Two pieces of coordinating fabric and matching thread. You can bring two fat quarters but the one in the picture was made with two 10” squares. I think this is a good size to fit soup or smaller bowls.
- 100% Cotton Batting – CAUTION! You must have the type of batting that is specifically made for the microwave. There are a number of brands available. Pellon Wrap-N-Zap is one. Warm Tater is another.
- Bowl Sizing: If you have a favorite bowl you use a lot, bring it with you. Then you can be sure your holder will fit it.
- Basic Supplies: Sewing machine, rotary cutter, ruler and pins.