** Photos from this meeting are posted here **
1. At the beginning of our meeting, everyone loaded up their plates with lots of yummy appetizers, poured some delicious punch or soda, and then we began the meeting portion of the day as we ate.
2. We had 21 people in attendance at our meeting on Sunday, December 8, 2013. We did not have any new members, so our total membership remains at 56.
3. Treasurer’s Report: We have $1296 in our guild checking account.
4. Upcoming Meetings:
- We will have a sew-in after our meeting on January 12, 2014. Bring whatever project you would like to work on. This meeting will be from 11:00 – 4:00. We will also be kicking off our 2014 Block of the Month program (see “New Business” below for more information).
- We are still in planning for the rest of our 2014 meetings. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please email them to crystallakemqg (at) gmail (dot) com.
5. Committee Update:
- Laura Watts, Charity Chief, has six Project Night Night kits which could be sent to the Washington, IL tornado victims. We took a vote and unanimously decided to send six total quilts with member Darlene M. to the Washington area. We will continue to collect quilts for Project Night Night. Please email Laura if you are working on a quilt for this charity ljbenz2003 (at) yahoo (dot) com.
- We are still in need of a committee chair for our workshop committee. Please email us at crystallakemqg (at) gmail (dot) com if you are interested in helping with this.
6. Upcoming Quilt Shows:
- Salt Creek Quilt Guild "A Patchwork of America" in Clarendon Hills, 10am - 5pm, March 1 – 2, 2014
- Pride of the Prairie Quilters in Plainfield, March 8 – 9, 2014
7. New Business:
We will be starting a Block of the Month (BOM) program in January. All blocks for 2014 have been chosen; we will be using blocks from everyone who submitted one. Some months will have more than one block presented. Paige will be contacting each member who submitted a block within the next week to further discuss their blocks and the program’s expectations and requirements. Each month, detailed instructions and photographs for making the block(s) will be posted on the website. All members are encouraged to play along with the BOM program.
8. Show and Tell: Several members brought their favorite holiday quilt to show at our holiday party.
9. Reminder: Please make and wear your nametag to each meeting.
10. The meeting portion ended, and we continued with our holiday party.
11. We had a swap of hand-made ornaments, followed by a Bingo game using Bingo cards members had made at home and brought with them. Winners of Bingo received a set of three fat quarters in red and green fabrics which had been donated by members at the November meeting.
12. We enjoyed yummy desserts during the white elephant UFO exchange. Members brought a UFO (UnFinished Object) in a paper bag and got to bring home someone else’s UFO. There were a few very *interesting* UFOs which were exchanged.
13. If you brought a home-made food or beverage to the party, please remember to email your recipe to the guild so we can share them with everyone who attended! crystallakemqg (at) gmail (dot) com
We wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Kwanzaa!
Recorded by Jill Smalley, Secretary