September 15, 2013
11:00am - 4:00pm
11:00am - 4:00pm
Home State Bank Commercial Banking Center
(see map on right sidebar)
What you need to bring:
- modern quilting pattern for swap (if you'd like to participate)
- 1 or 2 modern quilting items you've made for show and tell
- ideas for December Holiday party venue and date
- any finished quilts for donation to Project Night-Night
- your name-tag!!
1. Sign-In and Welcome - Members and first-time visitors may attend free of charge. Other visitors may attend with a $5 fee.
2. Membership Update
3. Treasurer's Report
4. Upcoming Meetings
- October 13 - Machine Quilting Workshop by Paige
- November 10 - Lecture and Trunk Show by Jacquie Gering of Tallgrass Prairie Studio
- December 8?
- 2014 - in the planning stages. Ideas??
5. Committee Updates
- Charity - Laura Watts
- Swaps - Sign-up/interest sheet from Kara Overman
- Holiday Party - Cathy Roberts
- Yard Sale
- Quilt Show
6. Upcoming Quilt Shows/Events
- Countryside Nursery, Crystal Lake, September 21-22
- NSQG, Hoffman Estates, Friday & Saturday, September 20-21
- Illinois/Wisconsin Bus Exchange, Saturday & Sunday, November 2-3
7. Pattern Swap
- bring a new or very gently used modern quilting pattern to swap if you'd like to participate
8. New Business
- October show and tell addition
9. Show and Tell
- bring 1 or 2 of your modern quilting items to share with the group :)
- if you need some advice on a modern quilting project in progress, bring that too!
10. Collection of Quilts for Countryside quilt show
11. Schoolhouse Workshop Challenge Explanation and Rules
** End of meeting portion - break for social time and workshop set-up
12. Schoolhouse Workshop