Our next meeting and "Modern Piecing Schoolhouse"
workshop is scheduled for:
Sunday, September 15 from 11:00am to 4:00pm
Home State Bank Commercial Banking Center
(see map on right sidebar)
At 11:00am there will be a short meeting to update everyone on guild business and news. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend the meeting portion even if you can't stay for the workshop.
Membership in the CLMQG is required for this workshop if you have attended one of our meetings in the past. First time attendees to the CLMQG may participate in the workshop for a $5 fee. Membership forms will be available and accepted at the meeting sign-in desk.
Please follow these instructions to reserve your workshop spot:
- Send an email to crystallakemqg (at) gmail (dot) com with the words "Register September 15 Workshop" in the subject line
- Registration deadline is Friday, September 13
- We will send a response email confirming your registration.
- This is a sewing machine workshop, so please plan to bring a machine.
- The first 90 minutes of this sew-in time will be structured workshop. After that you may work on more blocks that were demonstrated or another project of your choice. Please be courteous to other members and plan on participating in the initial workshop if you register :)
If you reserve a spot and later find you need to cancel, please let us know ASAP so we can give the spot to someone on the waiting list.
Supply List for Schoolhouse Workshop:
- For Jill's block: (2) 10" squares of coordinating fabric
- For Judy's block: (1) 14" square minimum background fabric, and contrasting fabric strips at least 14" length (you may cut your strips ahead of time in random widths or bring your contrasting fabrics and cut them at the workshop)
- For Shelley's block: (8) 4.5" squares of background fabric, and at least (5) coordinating 5" squares
- Sewing machine, neutral piecing thread, snips, seam ripper, rotary cutter & ruler & mat, and the longest extension cord you own!
- Irons and ironing surfaces to share - please indicate in your registration email if you can bring any of these items
There is a "challenge" associated with this workshop with a completion deadline of November 10 - our meeting with Jacquie Gering as guest speaker. More details about the challenge will be provided at the meeting.
We're looking forward to seeing you September 15!