August 11, 2013
1:00 - 4:00pm
1:00 - 4:00pm
Home State Bank Commercial Banking Center
(see map on right sidebar)
1. Sign-In and Welcome - Members and first-time visitors may attend free of charge. Other visitors may attend with a $5 fee.
2. Membership Update
3. Treasurer's Report
4. Upcoming Meetings
- September 15 - Sew-in featuring Modern Quilter's Schoolhouse Workshops by Jill, Judy, and Shelley
- October 13 - Machine Quilting Workshop by Paige
- November 10 - Lecture and Trunk Show by Jacquie Gering of Tallgrass Prairie Studio
- December - ideas on holiday event/get-together venue and date
5. Committee Updates
- Charity - Laura Watts
- Swaps - Potholder/Mug Rug swap for December Holiday Party? We need a volunteer to coordinate this and other swaps/challenges.
- Yard Sale - committee volunteers needed
- Quilt Show - planning committee members needed
6. Upcoming Quilt Shows
- NSQG Saturday, September 21 - meet-up at show then lunch?
- Madison, WI, September 5 - 7 - carpooling opportunities?
7. Pattern Swap
- new swap theme this month
- bring a new or very gently used modern quilting pattern to swap if you'd like to participate
8. New Business
9. Show and Tell
- bring 1 or 2 of your modern quilting items to share with the group :)
- if you need some advice on a modern quilting project in progress, bring that too!
10. Presentation and Trunk Show - Lesley Gebbie from Acorn, Etc.
11. Social Time and Shopping with Acorn, Etc.
- modern quilting pattern for swap (if you'd like to participate)
- 1 or 2 modern quilting items you've made for show and tell
- $$ for shopping from Lesley's beautiful Acorn, Etc. merchandise
- ideas for December Holiday party venue and date
- any finished quilts for donation to Project Night-Night