II. Treasurer’s Report: Our guild checking account balance on July 31, 2013 was $1255.
III. Upcoming Meetings:
- On September 15, we will have a “Modern Quilter’s Schoolhouse Workshop” from 11:00 – 4:00 featuring mini-lessons about how to make 3 types of improv blocks: stars, fractured, and 9-patch. Registration will be required, and supply lists will be posted here closer to the date.
- We will be hosting a Machine Quilting Workshop led by Paige on October 13 from 11:00 – 4:00.
- Jacquie Gering of Tallgrass Prairie Studio will present a lecture and trunk show on November 10, 1:00pm - 4:00pm. This event will be heavily publicized at local quilt shops and within the online MQG community, so you may want to plan to arrive early.
- We are still discussing possible ideas for a holiday party in December. More information will be coming. If you have suggestions, please email us!!
IV. Committee Update:
- Laura Watts, Charity Chief, has collected 11 quilts for Project Night Night in the past month. Please email Laura if you are working on a quilt for this charity ljbenz2003 (at) yahoo (dot) com
- Kara Overman is our new Swap Swami. She had a sign-up sheet to determine what types of swaps members are most interested in.
- We have not had any interest in the Yard Sale yet. Please let us know whether or not you are interested in participating in a yard sale via email or leaving a comment on the Facebook page. We do not want to plan one if there is not sufficient interest.
- Cari Goode will be helping Paige with our Quilt Show committee.
- We are still in need of committee chairs for some of our committees. Please email us at crystallakemqg (at) gmail (dot) com if you are interested in helping with one of these committees: Bee Keeper and Workshop Wrangler
V. Upcoming Quilt Shows: We discussed the possibility of carpooling and meeting up at the following shows:
- Madison, WI, September 5 – 7
- NSQG Hoffman Estates, IL, September 20 - 21
VI. Pattern swap: Since there has been low participation with the fat quarter swap, we tried something different this month, a pattern swap. We will be having another pattern swap for our September meeting. If you would like to participate, please bring a pattern for a modern or modern-traditional quilt to swap. The patterns should be new or fairly new.
VII. Show and Tell: Several people brought projects to show. Photos are posted on the Facebook page. Remember, you do not need to be a Facebook subscriber to view our photos or any part of the CLMQG Facebook page!
VIII. Lesley Gebbie from Acorn Etc. presented a trunk show of many of her lovely quilts. She also discussed changes she has made to her shop this summer. Lesley still sells fabric and thread, but she is no longer selling notions. The shop now has a consignment section, featuring locally-created art including jewelry, paintings, and pottery. The shop also has a resale section. After Lesley’s talk, members were given time to shop from merchandise she brought.
IX. Don’t forget to make and wear a nametag!
Recorded by Jill Smalley, Secretary