What's better than a yard sale with lots of cool things at great prices that would look wonderful in your home?
A yard sale that gives you the opportunity to buy and sell piles of beautiful fabrics and quilting goodies at great prices that would look amazing in your stash and quilt projects!!
CLMQG is planning a fabric "yard sale"!
We're just in the preliminary planning stages, and we'd love to hear your feedback on this proposal.
The basic details so far:
- CLMQG members would have the opportunity to sell quilt fabrics, notions, patterns, kits, and UFOs at our sale
- Members, non-members, and friends would be allowed to shop
- items for sale would be grouped en masse rather than each person having her own "table". For example, all fat quarters would be sectioned together in one area, books in another, kits in yet another, etc.
- item groups we've come up with so far include: fat quarters, other pre-cuts (charms, layer cakes, jelly rolls), UFOs, kits, books, patterns, magazines, scrap bundles, miscellaneous yardage
- each participating CLMQG member would price and mark their own items
- participating CLMQG members would be asked to volunteer time to plan and organize, set-up, or tear-down the yard sale in order to make it run smoothly and spread the responsibility for implementation
- fall or early winter target date
- Shelley will organize and lead a small committee of members to get this going :)
This idea will be added to the agenda and discussed at our July 14, 2013 meeting.
Please give us your feedback and thoughts in a comment either here, on Facebook, in an email to us at crystallakemqg (at) gmail (dot) com, or at the meeting this Sunday.
We think this could be lots of fun! Who doesn't have a few things in their stash they'd like to swap out for something "new"?