Our next meeting and Sew-In is scheduled for:
Sunday, June 9 from 11:00am to 4:00pm
Home State Bank Commercial Banking Center
(see map on right sidebar)
At 11:00am there will be a short meeting to update everyone on guild business and news. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend the meeting portion even if you can't stay for the sew-in.
Membership in the CLMQG is required for this meeting and sew-in if you have attended one of our meetings in the past. First time attendees to the CLMQG may attend the meeting portion free of charge. First time attendees may participate in the sew-in for a $5 fee.
Membership forms will be available at the meeting so you may join the CLMQG on June 9 by completing a membership form and paying (by cash or check) the $30 membership fee.
Please follow these instructions to reserve your sew-in spot:
- Send an email to crystallakemqg (at) gmail (dot) com with the words "Register June 9 Sew-In" in the subject line.
- Please indicate in your email whether you will be bringing a sewing machine or doing hand-work, and whether you will bring any items to share such as an ironing surface, an iron, or a cutting mat.
- Registration deadline is Friday, June 7.
- We will send a response email confirming your registration.
- This is an open sew-in; you may work on any project of your choice.
If you reserve a spot and later find you need to cancel, please let us know ASAP so we can give the spot to someone on the waiting list.
An agenda for the meeting portion will be posted here next week. There will definitely be a show and tell time, so if you'd like to participate please plan to bring no more than two items to share with the group.
The June Fat Quarter Swap theme is "Modern Floral". If you would like to participate in the swap please bring a quilt-shop-quality fat quarter that fits your interpretation of the theme "modern floral."
The June meeting will be your last chance to buy tickets for the Chinese auction of the two quilting goodie baskets. 5 chances for $5 cash - and you may purchase as many increments of 5 chances as you'd like. All monies from the auction will be deposited directly into the CLMQG checking account and be used to fund guild speakers and workshops. A winning ticket for each basket will be drawn at this meeting, and you do not need to be present to win.
Don't forget to bring your name-tag!!
We're looking forward to seeing you June 9!