Fabric: Strips at least 2”-5” wide work best, with some additional small pieces. Bring as many as you can; it's better to have variety! Use the following list as a guideline to help in your fabric selection:
- Patterned, solids, or a mix of the two.
- Color – be daring, think outside of the box (or at least outside the box you are usually in!)
- Pick a colorful busy patterned fabric you like, place on a table, and then throw scraps at it, continue to add/delete fabric to create a color way
- Variety – bring your scrap bins or fabric bundles you have lying around, think ROYGBIV (Red/Orange/Yellow/Green/Blue/Indigo/Violet)
- Bring extras if you can - it will be fun to share with other people! And the piece that you might think is awful could be the perfect thing for your neighbor's block :)
- If you're in doubt about whether to bring a certain fabric, yes - bring it :)
- Rotary cutter & Ruler 12”-16”
- Small cutting mat or plan to share large one with table mates (so you can cut at your machine)
- Thread & scissors/thread snips
- Sewing machine
- Extension Cord
- Iron & Ironing board/mat (see volunteer note below)
We need volunteers to bring the following items to share. Please send an email if you can bring one or both.
- Ironing boards/pads
It's going to be great fun to throw out all the "rules" and try something new! We're looking forward to seeing YOU there.
Sunday, May 5, 2013 from 11:00am to 4:00pm
Home State Bank Commercial Banking Center
(see map on right sidebar)
We still have open spots for this workshop, but registration and membership are required. See this post for registration details. Membership forms and details will be posted later this week.