Sunday, April 14
1:00 - 4:00pm
Tammy and Tom Rice
from Robert Kaufman Fabrics
Highlights of their presentation include:
- Discussion of the Modern Quilting Movement and how fabric companies are evolving to accommodate these exciting changes.
- A sneak peek at the newest Robert Kaufman line coming out.
- Stories about the life of a fabric rep on the road.
- Amazing quilts to show (if the shipping services are running on time!)
- And...fabric sample giveaways for all who attend!
We'll also begin our "Chinese Auction" of the Quilting Goodies Baskets! Many of our wonderful local shops have donated fabulous merchandise for these baskets. The purpose of our "Chinese Auction" is to raise money for the guild to continue booking speakers and planning workshops for our members. A "Chinese Auction" is a combination of a raffle and a silent auction where participants buy a specified number of chances and "vote" for which basket they'd like to win by placing their auction tickets into the corresponding "hat" for that basket. You can throw all your chances to one basket or spread them out evenly between all the baskets!
The auction will take place at both the April and May meetings with the winners drawn at our June, 2013 meeting. So bring your fun money to buy your "chances" to win one of our fabulous baskets!! There is no limit to the number of chances you may purchase.
This month's fat quarter swap theme is "Dots and Circles" If you'd like to participate this month please bring a quilt shop quality fat quarter with dots and/or circles.
We hope to see you there this Sunday. Same location - see the map on the right sidebar for directions. Enjoy the week!!