Membership - there were 35 members present this month for the meeting. This includes 2 new members and 1 guest. Please remember to wear your name tag at each meeting as we have a lot of new members. A list of current members and contact info will be emailed to all current members as soon as the 2020 membership forms are in.
Treasurer - positive bank balance:)
1. Fundraising (Ann) - nothing to report
2. Social Events (Darlene/Cathy R.) - nothing to report
3. Snacks (Judy O.) Thank you to Mary, Darlene, Laura and Ellie for snacks today. You will get an email the week before you are signed up to bring snacks as a reminder
4. Bees (Ann) - for the virtual bee - Marge is the queen for February.
5. Retreat (Vikki) The annual retreat is May 1-3 at the Grand Geneva Resort and Spa. Final payments are due by March 8 meeting or you can mail your payment.
6. Swaps/Lotteries/Challenges (Ann) - see below
7. Membership Ambassador (Rosie) - several cards were sent to members this month.
8. Donations (Cindy) We are working with both Gavers (breast care center) and Second Bridge (foster children/families) this year. Please bring your completed quilts to any meeting and they will be distributed. Gavers requests at least 50” x 60” quilts and Second Bridge can be any size - from crib to adult and pillowcases. Teen boy quilts are a special need. 1 quilt and 12 pillowcases were taken to Second Bridge this month.
9. Social Media (Vikki/Marge) -nothing to report
10. Photography (Marge) - nothing to report
11. Nominating Committee (Judy O).) - There were a couple of members interested in leadership positions (thank you!) but we are still in need of a programming chair. Please consider gifting your talents to the guild!
The updated bylaws were presented by Julie S and will be voted on at the March meeting. The main proposals were to change the transition to a calendar year for the board so that the incoming board would serve May 2020 to Dec 2021 to avoid a short 6 month term. There were also wording changes within the by-laws to present a more positive tone. It was proposed that the Program Chairperson be a member of the board in order to expedite contracts for speakers, etc.
#CLMQG2020ColorWheel Challenge (led by Ann) The second month was presented today. Remember you can keep OR donate your quilt when finished. Bring your block to the next meeting and put it up on the wall under your name. Don’t forget to post on Instagram for an extra ticket!
#CLMQG2020IGufoChallenge (led by Ann).
Post a set of photos of all your UFO’s you want to finish in the 1st half of 2020.
Add the above hashtag. Describe each UFO and the stage it is in. (May require multiple photos…) Photos must be posted by March 1 to qualify.
Then get started sewing and finishing by the June 2020 guild mtg.
Finished quilts will qualify for prizes when posted under #CLMQG2020FinishedUFOs
Your instagram account must be PUBLIC to be counted for prizes.
March 8 12-4 with general meeting at noon. QUILT OLYMPICS! You just need to show up - don’t need to bring anything!
April 19 11-4 with general meeting at 11-12. Escher workshop from 12-4. Evite will be sent March 1 and please RSVP by March 15. Members $25 and non members (if space) $50. Pattern included with the workshop fee. Kits available or fabric requirements will be posted. There are 24 spots open in the workshop.
Materials list will be sent to those participating. Fabric requirements are ~ 6 5/8 yds with 23 fabrics in light/med/dark hues (for the lap size quilt). Kits are available in 5 sizes and in either Kaffe, batik or black/white colorways.
Lap (57”x62”) - $89.95
Twin - $115
Full - $139.95
Queen - $174.95
King - $199.95
May 17 12-4 with general meeting at noon. Board elections. 1-4. We will also have a “member led” workshop - more info to come in March.
A complete list of the 2020 program schedule is available on the blog.
Vending is open for non-workshop days for a $20 table fee. You can keep the proceeds that you make by selling your things that you no longer want. See Cathy R if interested.
Show ’n Tell - many beautiful quilts/items were shown. We have a very talented group!
Door prizes - won by Sharon, Judy O, Mary, Jolie and Tricia - a Quiltfolk calendar and a gift card. Thank you to Quiltfolk for their generous sponsorship!
Respectfully submitted - Mary