The September Challenge topic is APPLIQUE
- Minimum of three separate Instagram posts (one photo per post).
- Hand OR Machine applique a NEW project
- Applique your own original design OR choose a design from a published pattern
- Your applique work does not need to be incorporated into a finished project
- Your final photo post must be of your completed applique work
- Deadline: Post photos of your inspiration/materials, project progress, and completed applique work by Friday, October 13.
- Bring your finished project to the Sunday, October 15 CLMQG meeting.
- You may start posting photos now.
Each September Challenge post must include the following elements in the photo caption:
- At least two other relevant hashtags (no spaces and no special characters are allowed within the body of Instagram hashtags)
- Google "hand applique tutorial" or "machine applique tutorial" for a selection of several videos you can watch for additional help or inspiration
- Our local libraries are a great resource for books on all types of quilting techniques including applique
- Get together with other guild members and guide/encourage each other as you learn and explore new techniques
- Remember to add relevant info to your photo captions. The more information you can provide, the more interested people will be in your photos!
- Be extra mindful when typing your hashtags and "@crystallakemqg". If these are not correctly typed your photo(s) will not qualify for challenge prizes.
- Use a space before and after each @ or # string. Don't put spaces within the @ or # string of characters.
- You must be present at time of drawings to win prizes.
- If you complete the month's challenge requirements but are unable to attend the meeting, you will still receive your qualification button for that month but will not be entered in the monthly prize drawing.
How will you know if your photos qualify for the challenge?
- Thumbs Up emoji comment from CLMQG tells you photo meets requirements.
- Gold Star emoji comment from CLMQG means you have qualified that month with 3 correct photos
*** View all slides from the September 10, 2017 meeting Powerpoint presentation here.
*** Read our original post about this challenge for the complete set of rules and more details about this year-long challenge.