General Meeting was held on October 14, 2018.
- We had 1 guest and 2 new members at this months meeting. There were 15 members in attendance.
- Bees - OH Bee is meeting this Tuesday at the Village of Oakwood Hills.
- Snacks - Thanks to Diane, Marge, & Trish for the treats.
- Donation Quilts - Laura shared a thank you note that was received from one of the recipients who received a quilt from Gavers.
- Retreat- full and registration is closed.
- November 11, 2018 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Sew-in (your own projects) and vending by CLMQG Shelley N will be vending along with Marge S and Terry D. The General Meeting will be held at noon.
- December 2, 2018 - Holiday Party - Will be held at 12:00 pm at Kosta’s Gyro Restaurant in Algonquin (corner of Algonquin Rd and Square Barn Rd.) Cost is $20. Payment is due at the November’s Meeting or checks can be mailed to CLMQG PO Box 15, Crystal Lake IL 60039. Menu will be provided with the Evite. Please bring 20-25 - 2.5” wide x WOF strips of black and white print for strip poker! Strips can be all the same or different.
- 2019 Schedule is currently being finalized. The 2019 calendar will be presented and posted once finalized by the board. Here are the dates for the first few months:
- January 13, 2019 - Garage Sale and Sew-in 9:00 - 4:00
- February 10, 2019 -
- March 10, 2019 - Tara Curtis from Wefty Needle - moved up to March
- April 14, 2019 -
- May 19, 2019 -
- Swap/Lottery/Challenge Chair is needed for 2019. Please see Laura.
- Laura asked that all members bring in an idea or suggestion for Swaps/Lottery or Challenges for 2019 to the November meeting. Examples of some past challenges are The Instagram Challenge or Round Robin Medallion Challenge.
Show and tell was held. Please see photos posted by Marge S on Facebook at Crystal Lake Modern Quilt Guild, and she also cross posts the photos on Instagram.
Following the general meeting, Judy O. Gave us a demonstration on making no sew pumpkins, using fabric strips and a hot glue gun. Thank you Judy! Please see our Facebook page for photos.